Focusing on the Patient’s Quality of Life
Care and support for individuals and their families, when a cure is no longer likely, with focus on the patient’s quality of life, providing symptom and pain management in the comfort of their preferred home setting.
Hospice Support Team
When is a Patient Eligible for Hospice Care?
Contact us to learn more about our hospice program.
What is Hospice?
A program of care and support for individuals, families and caregivers when a cure is no longer likely and there is a prognosis of six months or less if the disease runs its normal course. The focus is on the patient’s quality of life, providing symptom and pain management in the comfort of their preferred home setting. Hospice cares for the patient and provides support for their family and caregivers.
What is the Cost?
Medicare pays for 100% of the patient’s hospice care under the following conditions:
- Patient is eligible for the Medicare Part A hospice benefit
- Patient’s doctor and hospice agency’s Medical Director determine that the patient is eligible
- Patient or patient representative chooses to elect the Medicare Hospice Benefit
Elara Caring accepts Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurances that have a hospice benefit.
As a partner of , Elara Caring is pleased to recognize the service of our nation’s veterans. The recognition and pinning ceremony allows us to honor the service and sacrifices of the veterans in our communities. A Veteran Pinning Ceremony can be a planned event. This small but meaningful gesture can occur in a patient’s home, at the bedside or in any care facility.
- Honor veterans’ service to our country
- Brings together veterans and veteran organizations
- Helps educate on veterans’ needs and the unique challenges they may face
- Opens conversation and opportunity for veterans to share their stories of service
For Elara Caring’s Holding Hands Forever portrait program, an Elara Caring team member meets with patients and their loved ones to take a black and white photograph of their hands, capturing a bond that will forever be shared. The portrait is printed, framed and brought back to the patient’s home or facility.
- Patients and their families make happy memories for future comfort
- Provides a keepsake that lasts
- Coordinated by Elara Caring team members at no cost to the patient or family
A free service learning program designed to provide participants with an introduction to hospice care and provide relevant, hands-on experience valued by educational institutions and employers.
The Advanced Hospice Volunteer Certification program is a positive choice for anyone interested in pursuing a health care career, broadening their knowledge of the health care industry or gaining valuable patient experiences.
Please note: Not all programs are available in all service areas. Contact us for more information.
Elara Caring Hospice volunteers are compassionate, giving individuals from all walks of life who share the most precious gift they have – their time – to enhance the lives of others.
We’re always happy to connect with compassionate people who want to give back to their communities in a meaningful way. No special skills are necessary — just a listening ear and an open heart.